Every time it comes up, I try my best to avoid eating donuts. I used to love eating donuts every chance I got, but then I realized how bad they were for you. Fortunately for me, and the rest of us trying to get hot for the summer, we’ve got an excuse to have donuts today!
To get you guys started, here’s a list of donut shops that are awesome whether they’re giving out free donuts today or not.
- Krispy Kreme: No purchase is necessary when you stop in at any Krispy Kreme in the U.S. or Canada for a free powdered, filled or hot Original Glazed donut.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Buy a beverage, get a free classic donut (glazed, jelly, strawberry frosted or Boston Kreme).
- Rose Cafe & Donuts: No free donuts today, but if you’re craving more donut than you can finish, go to Rose’s in Santa Clara. They have donuts that are legitimately as large as a standard large plate.
- Christy Donuts: A hole in the wall with amazingly delicious donuts. The only down side is that they close early, but also open in the middle of the night!
- Happy Donuts: Although its location isn’t in the safest area, if you want donuts in the middle of the night, they’re open! They’re also close to the Drive-In’s if you want to snatch some donuts before the movies!
- Vasy’s Donut Shop: Another hole in the wall that gave me so much joy over the four years I was in high school. We always tried to rush over to Vasy’s to get two dozen donut holes before they closed. The latest they stay open is until 2 PM and that’s only for four days of the week.
- Psycho Donuts: The most aesthetically pleasing donuts I’ve ever seen. They taste as good as they sound and as over-the-top as they sound.
- Bob’s Doughtnut & Pastry Shop: In San Francisco, it’s essential to have late night foods. Bob’s is open 24 hours and also carries frisbee-sized donuts!
- Dynamo Doughnuts And Coffee: Featured on Bon Appetit, Zagat, the Cooking Channel, the Food Network and Buzzfeed, it’s bound to be a good place to grab some home-made uniquely flavored donuts.
- Pepples Doughtnut Farm: Pepples was the first joint to sell vegan donuts. They are said to be 100% organic with over 20 flavors for our extreme-animal-lovers. They also have a kiosk at the San Francisco Ferry Building!
Enjoy your donut hunt!