Carlos Santana is known to mankind as one of the greaterst guitarists of all times. He’s a multi GRAMMY and Latin GRAMMY winner and with his ’60s band Santana, he became one of the first pioneers of fusion rock and Latin American music. Today marks Mr. Santana’s 68th birthday and we celebrate with some of his inspirational quotes. Check them out below! Happy Birthday Carlos!
1) Most people don’t have that willingness to break bad habits. They have a lot of excuses and they talk like victims.
2) If you carry joy in your heart, you can heal any moment.
3) The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace.
4) Some songs are just like tattoos for your brain… you hear them and they’re affixed to you.
5) There is no person that love cannot heal; there is no soul that love cannot save.
6) Most people are prisoners, thinking only about the future or living in the past. They are not in the present, and the present is where everything begins.
7) Everybody sooner or later has to drop the luggage and the baggage of illusions.
8) No one’s better than me. I’m not better than anyone. Whether it’s Eric Clapton or BB King we look straight at each other. And that keeps it real.
9) There’s never one sunrise the same or one sunset the same.
10) Your mind is a magnet. You don’t attract what you need or what you want; you attract who you are. And I love who I am!
11) I knuckle down with my demons, and with my weaknesses.
12) The more choices we give patients affected by depression, the better we will serve them.
13) The Devil is like a strainer that separates the mud from the gold.
14) I have been accused of being a very simplistic, very lyrical player, and that’s okay. That just comes from the blues, which is my background. But every day you wake up and transcend. You can’t ever rest on your laurels.
15) Every day you wake up is an opportunity to go beyond, and that ‘s why I let my band go right now. For the first time in my life I’m just roaming around, vagabonding.
16) There’s a melody in everything. And once you find the melody, then you connect immediately with the heart.
17) Stay in your heart.